Monday, February 2, 2009

It's That Time of the Month Again...

No, not that time....Eco-resolution time!

Last month I read a great post at Zayna's Garden - she wrote about (and joined) It's Not All Mary Poppins eco-resolutions for 2009. It sounded like such a great idea, I quickly hopped on board. I'm a follower, what can I say?

Last month I resolved to start recycling again. I can safely say I'm back in the groove. I still haven't taken all my stuff into town to actually recycle, but I have gotten back into the habit of separating everything and setting it aside. My recycle bin and a trash bag are ready and waiting to go.

This month, I resolve to do two things: Take four "litter walks" around the neighborhood, and to turn off our computers and printer every night.

Once a week BW and I will take a walk around to our local park, picking up litter as we go. BW will get to the park, I will get some exercise, and there will be that much less trash on the ground. I'll be setting a reminder on my phone so I'll remember. And telling BW, because you know how kids are when they want to go to the park.

As for the computers - I already try to turn them off each night, but I've been slacking. I want to get back in the habit again.

Anybody care to join me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, that counts as reminding you then.

I too had forgotten until I read Mary's reminder.

I love the idea of "litter walks".

If everyone did that...well, there'd be no need for them. Is that a paradox?

:P

Anonymous said...

I actually forgot it was that time again until I read your blog today! I had to scramble to think of something I could fit in this month. (I'd hate to fail at a resolution so early in the year.) :)

I saw the litter walk idea in a kids' book I got for BW on the environment. Plus, I know I can get my friend and her kids to join us so it'll really be fun!

Anonymous said...

Yup, we're there with ya!