Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Hate Packing, Unless it's for VACATION

The title pretty much sums it all up.

We have so much stuff. I'm finding paperwork from 2005 jammed into kitchen drawers.* There's stuff everywhere. I'm still not really sure where we're moving.

The people we were going to rent/buy a house from have some stuff going on, so we may not be able to rent/buy from them after all. Hopefully we'll know in a day or two.

I really, really, really want to buy a 5th wheel and live in that. Unfortunately, it would involve buying a new truck, and paying space rent, more insurance, etc. I know we could swing it, but I don't think it would be the cheapest way to go. We've agreed that we're going to go cheap until I finish school. As much as I hate to admit it, I think we'd be better off renting a place here in town and living there. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is. I'm still running the numbers though, and depending on what happens with MM and his work situation, it may still be the best option.

Speaking of work, MM still has no idea what's happening with his job. Before the rig shut down, he would have reported back to work Wednesday evening. He's still officially on days off, but since he has no job to go to that we know of...I'm not sure when or if that will transition to unemployment.**

I'm still happy and relieved though. I'd much rather be doing something then sitting around waiting for something to happen. Since the house is sold, we're packing and piling and taking things to the dump. We're trying to figure out our next living situation. We're enjoying MM's time at home. I'm keeping busy, and that's good.

It'll all work out, it always does. And I'm promising myself a trip to somewhere beachy this summer. That will make this all worthwhile.

Mmmm....Beeaacchhhh......


*Don't hate me for my mad filing skills. They're a gift, what can I say?

**Limbo with me, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'd much rather be doing something then sitting around waiting for something to happen."

You said it Sister! I've been waiting for 15 years for "something" to happen.

When we were first married we had all these plans...to write a book together, to buy a small plot of land, to start a medieval theme park...

Now, I'm just happy with the idea of getting out of this money pit...not caring where we end up.

Keeping busy...that's the key.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know! I'm so happy - with the sale of this house, we'll be able to save so much more (ha, that implies that we save something now), and I feel like things are starting to change. I love it! Now I just have to get through the next few years of school, and we'll be all set. :)