Monday, June 29, 2009

Date Night

BW is spending the night at his grandma's - my mom's - so MM and I decided to take in a movie. I keep hearing Hangover is good, so I asked MM if he'd like to grab some dinner and catch a movie after dropping BW off.

We decided* to have Chinese at a place the theater, but by the time we'd dropped off BW and ate, we'd missed our movie. Which was fine - we live really close to the theater, and the next movie started only an hour and ten minutes later.

On our way to the car, I pointed out the place I had wanted to try out for a pedicure. MM asked if I got a massage with the pedicure. Can you see where this is going?

We missed our movie, but MM had his first Mani-Pedi. MM picked out my color, and then we held hands while getting our feet massaged. MM had his manicure while I got my toenails painted. They couldn't talk him into a clear coat, but his hands and feet look lovely - smooth, lotioned, and dead-skin free. And he even said he'd go back and do it again.

Now if getting a pedicure with your hubby isn't romantic, I'm not sure what is.

****

*OK, I decided. Nobody ever wants to have Chinese with me, except M2. Sometime I guilt MM into it, but not nearly often enough.

3 comments:

The Foil Hat said...

I'll eat Chinese with you! I'm in the same boat here - no one is ever enthusiastic about it (and the two kids that are enthusiastic would probably die from shellfish exposure - a risk even I'm not willing to take).

I'm impressed you got your dh into the salon. REALLY impressed. Start carrying a camera at all times from now on.

Zayna said...

That's so awesome. I think it sounds very romantic. Of course, my Hubby would beg to differ and wouldn't be caught dead in a spa.

lisafer said...

Amy - If you're ever in AZ, call me. We'll go to Chinese together! :) And I'm kicking myself for not having the camera. Kicking myself.

Sheri - I was surprised he was willing. It was the whole foot rub/massage thing that sold it. DH loves that sort of stuff.

The bonus? Now he understands why I always want to go have pedicures. Priceless.