Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Charlie Browned

Wow. Apparently last month I purged all the posts within, 'cause lately, when it comes to stuff to write about? I got nothin'.

I've been studying and studying for this week's A&P test, and other than that, nothing too exciting has been happening. I'm still trying to stick to as near to raw as possible. Which definitely isn't 100% raw, but pretty darn close. I'm going to do a three day OJ fast starting tomorrow - oranges are cheap at our local grocery store, and M2 suggested it as a way to cleanse my body out a little more, and possible kick start some weight loss. In the past, too much citrus gave me horrible heart burn, but I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. After that, I'll go back to mostly raw with a smattering of cooked foods added in here and there. Pretty much what I'm doing now.

***

My son learned the meaning of April Fools Day this afternoon.

His tumbling class in held in this really huge building. The parents sit at one end, and the equipment begins about 15 or 20 feet in and goes on for what seems like an eternity. At the end of the lesson they get free time, which generally involves jumping into a giant pit of foam squares, climbing a wall and jumping into said pit, swinging from a rope into the pit - you get the idea.

BW was swinging from the rope into the foam pit and wanted to make sure we were all watching. He comes alllllllll the way back to tell us (M2 and her three kids, plus me) to watch his next trick and then takes off at a run towards the rope.

He runs. And he runs. He approaches the rope, his instructor readying it for his swing. BW leaps into the air, arms out, ready to grab that rope - and his instructor whips it out of the way. BW goes flying into the pit, full steam ahead, arms a'flailing.

After we all regained composure, the only thing I could say was, "He got Charlie Browned!"

Apparently his instructor did it and then said, "April Fools!" BW was a little disappointed that he didn't get to show us his trick, but he was laughing about the whole thing. Luckily he's got a sense of humor.

***

My Eco-resolution for this month....Much like Zayna, I have no idea what to do. I guess I'm not going to tax my brain by thinking of something new and different, but I am going to commit to eating 100% vegetarian for the next six weeks. It's really kind of taking the easy way out of doing things, since M2 and her family are vegetarian, but it's about all I feel capable of right now.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be very committed to much more than getting by right now. I'm still adjusting to all this, and it's all I can do to keep up some of the changes I've already made. I'm feeling a little emotionally drained. I was all set to have our time in limbo over with the sale of the house, but no such luck. Things are definitely better, but, well, you know. No need to prattle on about it....

I'll just wrap this up with a tidy little 'Happy Spring' to everyone. Hope everyone's April Fools Day was fun!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh hey,I didn't notice you were going raw. I keep toying with it. About this time last year, I was doing 9 weeks or so of Eat to Live and I felt SO good. But I've been back at the bread and cookies of late. I could use a good raw cleanse, I think.
I've been vegetarian since 1991, but most cookies contain no meat at all...

Lisa said...

Yep, I'm TRYING to go raw. It's pretty hard, I love bread and rice and pasta. But I went from feeling drained and tired and just plain horrible to feeling full of energy and alert and all that. It's all obviously the way I'm eating....I highly recommend it, if you're into that sort of thing.

I was/am aiming for pretty near vegan. If I can give up the cheese and eggs, that is. And as my cousin's husband once said, "Potato chips? Vegan!" ... Therein lies the problem for me. Still totally possible to be both vegan and unhealthy. :)

Zayna said...

Wow, now that's commitment...the whole OJ fast and eating raw thing.

I know I couldn't do it. As it is my resolution to eat more vegetarian meals in a week simply means a few extra boxes mac and cheese. :P

Kudos.

Lisa said...

Mmmmm....Mac and Cheese..... :)