Saturday, August 2, 2008

Coming out of the blog closet

So today I decided to open my blog to the world. I don't know why, but this is making me feel really vulnerable. I feel like I'm in high school again: Will they like me? Will someone make fun of me? Does anybody really care what I'm thinking about? I just know every one's going to be criticizing my spelling and grammar. I like to think I'm somewhat amusing. I try to be funny. After reading some wonderful and thoughtful blogs like Suburban Turmoil, ImPerceptibility, Doc's Sunrise Rants, The Pioneer Woman, The New Unschooler, and Halushki (just to name a very few), there's really no competition....Have you read any of The Pioneer Woman's posts? Holy frickin' cow, she's fantastic. And Halushki's bat post had me in tears, it was so funny. And if I had any idea how to link to it, I would. You're just going to have to find it on your own. Trust me, it's so worth it. Not linking is probably some sort of blogging faux pas. I'm sorry. I'm new and inexperienced. Be gentle with me, I figure it out in my next blog, promise.

But anyway, people can be mean. Especially when they're anonymous people, people who can leave nasty comments without having to look you in the eye. There is a part of me that thinks, yeah, well, to hell with what other people think! Then there's the insecure, pathetic part of me who obsesses over it. The part that feels like a professor is speaking directly to me when he's really bitching out the people who didn't study for the last test and failed it - even though I had just gotten an A. Not that that's ever happened. OK, it happened, but I really could have studied more than I did. And if it wasn't for the five points I got for bringing in 20 cans of food, I would have had a B on that test. And, seriously, do canned food A's really count?

I've decided to get over my fears and see what happens. Wish me luck. Think happy thoughts. Be kind. Which is what we should all be doing anyway, right?

No comments: