Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WTF?

So. Just found out my former SIL - Bubby's bio-mom - is pregnant again. This will be number five. The first four currently spread out in three different places across the country.

I gave her six months out of rehab to end up preggers again. It took her five. I should get some sort of prize, don't ya think?

The whole thing is so crushingly, depressingly sad. She called my nephews and announced the news that they were going to have a new brother or sister as if they should be excited about it or something. The father is some jobless fifty year old who sounds like a real winner. He's her third or fourth boyfriend the ten months she's been out.

Can people be forced to have their tubes tied? Can the courts get involved at some point and take away her right to procreate?

Sigh.

7 comments:

Zayna said...

Hey Lisa,

Glad to see you around...sorry about the depressing news.

That is really sad...those poor kids. It's real head scratcher why someone who is in no position to care for them, continues to have children.

Sending you a big cyberhug.

Vicki said...

I remember when I lived in CA that they were forcing some women to get their tubes tied. Women like your SIL. That is such a shame....sorry.....

lisafer said...

Thank you, Ladies.

You know, I'm so sad for the kids. And so glad I'm out of the picture.

Anonymous said...

Hey I just noticed, your "characters" section needs to be updated. Quite a bit! Make sure you take off that "inept rescuer of people in need" bit. You are far from inept at it, some people just don't want to be rescued.

I'm so glad those kids have other people in their lives to take over where mom can't function. Hopefully, this new kiddo will be just as loved.

lisafer said...

Thanks, Sweetie! :) I need to do a lot of blog work. I've been neglecting it.

I'm so heartbroken for these kids. I'm so worried for this new one. The whole thing makes me want to throw up.

Casey said...

Oh, hon, that's heartbreaking. It amazes me when people who can't take care of themselves keep cranking out kids.

lisafer said...

You and me both, Casey. So, so sad and unfair.